Are you under the impression that a Web conferencing solution is just for internal collaboration among team members? If so, it’s time to expand your view of this critical collaboration technology.
As outlined in a recent report from Forrester, here are the top 10 ways that Web conferencing is being used across the enterprise:
- Executive meetings (65 percent): Executives are constantly on the move, attending conferences, meeting with clients and traveling among brand locations. Web conferencing platforms help executives stay in touch with one another and exchange important information in real time.
- Company meetings (59 percent): Most enterprises would struggle to fit their entire organization into a single building, let alone a conference room. For this reason, companies are increasingly relying on Web conferencing as a way to keep everyone on the same page about company news and initiatives.
- Routine team meetings (57 percent): Managers and supervisors are now using Web conferencing as a way to communicate with employees without having to remove workers from their desks and disrupt the rhythm of a working day. It’s also a great way to communicate face-to-face with remote workers.
- Employee training (55 percent): Training new employees can seem like a monumental task when faced with other pressing demands. For this reason, many supervisors are now having success using Web conferencing to train new hires, as it allows them to exchange information and communicate quickly and directly with trainees vs. spending time in a classroom.
- Online customer support (47 percent): Research shows that 92 percent of businesses that claim customer service is a differentiator have multiple channels for customer interactions. With a Web conferencing solution, the customer service department has another meaningful channel by which to explain products and services and resolve disputes.
- Meetings with sales prospects (41 percent): Sales prospects often need a fair amount of nurturing before committing to enterprise business solutions. Web conferences provide this space, allowing salesmen and customers to come together and discuss company offerings.
- Marketing webinars (40 percent): One of the best ways to market products and services to a large audience is to host an online event via webinar. Using a cloud-based Web conferencing service like Onstream Webinars, you can easily scale up to 500 users at a time.
- Product demonstrations (39 percent): Think of an online product demonstration as an in-depth webinar where agents can offer detailed product walk-throughs for attendees, showcasing every selling point in the process. Your business can host product demonstrations on a weekly, daily or even hourly basis depending on the needs of your customers.
- Customer or partner training (33 percent): Once you complete a sale or lock in a partnership with a vendor, the first few days of business are critical. You want to make sure the other team is up and running and well-trained so end users have the best experience possible. Web conferencing is a great way to eliminate confusion and expedite the onboarding process.
- Research and development (33 percent): Communication is one of the most essential parts of any research and development strategy. Yet, in-person meetings can slow down progress and impede productivity. This problem can easily be solved by offering access to an online forum where workers can exchange data throughout the lifespan of a particular project.
As the Forrester study shows, Web conferencing can help streamline communication across the whole enterprise—from the C-suite to the customer. To learn more about how Onstream meetings can help make Web conferencing a differentiator, click here.
Let’s face it: Planning for a successful Web conference can take a lot of hard work. Oftentimes, many man hours of preparation, internal communications and customer outreach are required to ensure a successful online event.
With this in mind, the last thing you want to worry about when planning a Web conference is the stability of your core infrastructure. Fewer things are more frustrating than having several hours of planning and coordinating compromised by network failure, software licensing issues or bandwidth restrictions.
So, what’s the best way to avoid these problems and ensure a smooth presentation? Invest in a cloud-based Web conferencing platform, which will allow you to utilize the power of a third-party server instead of having to rely on legacy equipment.
Below are three reasons why you should hold your next Web conference in the cloud:
Save money: A recent survey shows that 70 percent of businesses are able to reinvest money back into their organizations as a result of migrating to the cloud. Your business will save money on repairs and expensive upgrades, as well as on system downtime, because the cloud is hosted offsite and managed by a third party that is also responsible for ensuring its stability.
Avoid hardware and software issues: Cloud-based Web conferencing software can be easily accessed through an Internet browser. This way, end users (including both employees and customers) will never run into hardware restrictions or software licensing and compatibility issues when it’s time to log into a meeting.
Scale rapidly: Your business may need to upsize or downsize on short notice. With a cloud-based Web conferencing service, your company can scale rapidly in a cost-effective way. Instead of having to manually provision or restrict access to software, your IT department can easily perform deployment services from a central location, which can save hours of work.
Click here to contact Onstream Meetings, a leading provider of cloud-based Web conferencing solutions, and learn how we can help your business improve its online communications.
This is the standard, low-end Web conferencing solution used by most businesses today: two-way audio and video transmission. It has poor video quality (meaning it’s prone to choppy or delayed feeds) and it has no way of transmitting multimedia in real time. In short, it’s a low-budget approach to customer communication.
Is this the type of solution that you use to represent your company during sales pitches, contract negotiations, project proposals and other collaborations? If so, you could be limiting your business—and weakening your brand image in the eyes of your customers. The fact is that customers will judge your business by the quality of its communications infrastructure, so it’s critical to have access to a platform that reflects your business’s high-quality standards.
The cloud-based Onstream Meetings conferencing platform, by comparison, offers crystal-clear video and audio transmission to as many as 50 users at a time, in addition to private chat rooms and direct messages. Teams can, therefore, select their preferred type of communications—or use a mix--during each meeting.
Onstream Meetings also makes it easy to exchange multimedia in real time through a versatile, user-friendly library. Some of the accepted file types capable of being delivered through Onstream include .3G2 for video, .F4A for Adobe Flash and .AAC for audio. Team members can collaborate using screen sharing so that everyone involved in a meeting can have an equal chance of contributing.
As you can see, the Onstream Meetings Web conferencing platform provides all members of the enterprise—from the C-suite to HR to sales—with a high-end communications solution capable of facilitating amazing Web conferencing experiences.
Click here to learn more about how your company can leverage the power of Onstream Meetings.
There are so many more options for businesses today with the increased use of the Internet which makes it easier to reach a global audience, creates more opportunities and solves a lot of business problems from the past. With all the advances in web conferencing, businesses are able to use a conferencing provider that offers a vast array of features to reach out to vendors, customers and business partners who are located around the world in a cost-effective and easy manner. This important tool makes it easier to communicate and even collaborate, no matter the distance.
In the past, businesses were restricted to dealing with customers in their local area. Today, though, businesses can just as easily work with customers who are located in other parts of the world. While many people use email as a preferred method of communication over long distance, this is not typically the most effective method. Email may offer the convenience of sending messages at any time, but web conferencing provides the capability of communicating through verbal language to ensure full understanding. When you choose the right conferencing provider, you will have all the power of the Internet at your fingertips to meet your communication needs with a more professional appeal. This valuable option can put you one step ahead of your competition.
When you use web conferencing for your communication needs, you will enjoy the same benefits as audio conferencing with some additional advantages. A web conference allows you to reach thousands of viewers at the same time, including sharing important documents with everyone involved in the conference. This eliminates stress and reduces the chances of someone misunderstanding the intent behind your message or the instructions you are trying to portray. In addition, you can share more than just documents like you can through email; you can share your desktop and even applications with viewers. Web conferences also include interactive tools for making annotations and many other unique, powerful features that enhance the experience for everyone involved.
Geographical distances are no longer a barrier businesses need to worry about. When you find the right web conferencing provider, you can fill in the gaps in communication with real-time face-to-face interaction between you and your customers and business partners. Taking this important next step for your business is just a phone call or email away.
In the past, any major conferences for businesses had to be held in person. However, with all the advances in technology, web conferencing now allows businesses to hold and attend these conferences through an Internet connection from any computer. Nonetheless, this type of conferencing isn’t just for major conferences either. Many businesses of all sizes also use this method to hold internal meetings between employees, as well as external meetings with clients and prospective customers. If you are considering making the switch to conferencing online, it is important to learn all the benefits you will realize.
Eliminate Travel Costs and Time
Before the dawn of technology, businesses that wanted to meet with someone, either business associates or clients, who weren’t close by had to either travel themselves or ask the other person to travel. Even when businesses reimburse for travel, it costs the company a lot of money, along with the amount of time lost traveling from one place to another. With the use of web conferencing, all attendees are able to log in and connect with each other without even leaving their desks. While the conferencing may cost something as well, it is often much cheaper than travel costs.
A conference in person, even when all the attendees are close enough to attend without travel, requires extensive planning, including booking a conference room, printing collateral, ordering catering and a long list of other tasks. With online conferencing, though, you no longer need to complete any of these tasks. All you need to do is schedule your online conference. This process is much faster and easier, allowing you to spend that time on other tasks.
Impromptu meetings are difficult; if attendees aren’t local to you, they are nearly impossible. However, if you use web conferencing, you will gain greater flexibility in your meetings. Whenever you need to hold one of these conferences, you simply schedule it online, send email invites to the attendees and attend the meeting. You can hold any meeting within minutes.
Increase Audience Engagement
When you make use of web conferencing, you will be able to make use of slides and graphics to enhance the message you are trying to portray. With the combination of audio and video, you will be able to engage your audience in new ways, keeping their attention and encouraging their participation.
Eliminate Geographic Restrictions
Web conferencing only requires attendees to have a computer and a reliable Internet connection. In most cases, they don’t even need to download anything. This means you can meet with people anywhere in the world quickly and easily. This ease of communication is one of the greatest benefits of conferencing online, offering you unlimited growth potential.
In closing, web conferencing offers a plethora of benefits to businesses, both large and small. These include but are not limited to, saving time and money, increasing efficiency, and bringing people from all over the world together.